By Mary Carolyn Waldrep
Great for crafters of all ability degrees, here's a superb choice of vintage heirloom-quality styles for tablecloths, bedspreads, doilies, edgings, and more.
The publication additionally contains a whole record of fabrics and specified directions in addition to a hundred and forty invaluable illustrations.
Read or Download 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework) PDF
Similar crafts books
Eric Gjerde demonstrates 25 of his favourite tessellations and turns them into tasks for beginners in addition to skilled origamists. With step by step directions, illustrated crease styles, and how-to photographs, you'll discover ways to create those brilliant designs your self. Eric's first publication covers the basics of origami tessellations, presents historical past, and describes basic starting options with specific illustrations and images.
Wake up your internal artist with this hands-on, interesting workout advisor that takes you thru the seven-step procedure to layout profitable artwork quilts. Celebrated quilter Elizabeth Barton indicates you ways to grasp each step, from discovering proposal to making a layout and developing the ultimate cover. earlier than you recognize it, you’ll be designing quilts which are genuine artworks, no matter if you’ve by no means studied artwork earlier than.
A visible catalog for jewellery, bead artists and crafters who will enjoy the chance to have such a lot of principles at their fingertips to motivate their very own initiatives
This e-book could be the moment quantity of Quarry's 1,000 series-an eye candy-laden follow-up to the very winning 1,000 Artist buying and selling Cards(Quarry, Spring 2007).
A show off of lovely jewellery bits and items, "bling" and elaborations, will feed the artistic appetites of crafters and jewellery makers in every single place. This moment craft assortment will supply colour, sparkle, texture, measurement, and smart, artistic use of fabrics. One piece of jewellery may have a number of sights to be highlighted: an old clasp, textured lampwork beads, and complicated knots.
Seize your yarn and pass wild! All you would like is a hook and yarn to create the main lovely filled animals you'll ever meet.
Huggable Crochet has styles for 19 varied animals measuring from twelve to eighteen inches (thirty to forty-six centimeters).
These lovable and full-sized creates variety from the typical to the unique, from the farm to the jungle-and past! Crochet a snuggly squirrel, cow, penguin, dolphin, lion, giraffe, koala and extra! Plus, see every one trend performed in diversified colour schemes: real looking and fanciful. With basic stitches and building concepts proven within the ebook, you are going to fast be in your option to crocheting a cuddly nation that animal fanatics of every age will adore.
- Butterfly Gardening with Native Plants
- Sew Sweet Handmade Clothes for Girls: 22 Easy-to-Make Dresses, Skirts, Pants & Tops Girls Will Love
- Kanzashi in Bloom: 20 Simple Fold-and-Sew Projects to Wear and Give
- Super Stitches Knitting: Knitting Essentials Plus a Dictionary of More Than 300 Stitch Patterns
- Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs
- More Teach Yourself VISUALLY Jewelry Making: Techniques to Take Your Projects to the Next Level
Extra info for 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework)
The thread goes through in the same manner. Thread Tips • Invest in high-quality thread; it will last longer, resist breaking, and produce strong seams. • Polyester thread is a good choice for all-purpose sewing. You can also use threads based on the type of fabric you’re working with—for example, cotton with cotton and silk with silk—but it’s not necessary. • Rayon thread is generally used for machine embroidery. • Thread that’s wound in a crisscross manner is less likely to get tangled on the spool pin and unwinds more evenly.
There are multiple variations depending on the stitch width and length you select. To sew this stitch, select the stitch on the stitch selector, then use the stitch length and stitch width selector to set the size of the zigzag. 5 1 4 3 5 The shortest stitch length setting creates what is called a satin stitch. Changing the stitch length causes the stitches to be either closer together or more spread out. All the stitches shown here are sewn at the same width; only the length has been adjusted.
6. Zigzag foot: This is the standard, all-purpose foot that comes on the machine. It has a wide opening for the needle, which can accommodate a variety of stitch styles. 1 Back view of the machine. Raise the presser foot. Push the button or lever on the back to release the foot. 2 Slide the foot out. Position the new foot just under the presser foot holder, and lower to attach. Chapter 2: Know Your Machine 29 Adjusting the Tension and Stitches Several methods are available for adjusting the tension and stitches on a sewing machine (refer to your manual for specifics).